Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Thicker Than Blood: Summary REVEAL

Happy Wednesday, and here as promised is the summary reveal for the upcoming third book in the Magicians series, Thicker Than Blood. A huge thank you to everyone who has been so patient. I know there's been a lot of unveiling lately, and believe I still have lots to share as we move closer to publication day, so thanks for understanding and especially for your enthusiasm.
All right, where was I? Oh right... Summary reveal! Here it is, ladies and gentlemen:

Alaire Sencler is not the man he used to be. He left behind a foul and bloody past to be with the woman he loves, but the memories never allow him to forget what he did.
While the White magicians rise an army, their leader hides his true reasons for going to war. Meanwhile the Dark magicians seek out a new haven, one that might keep them hidden long enough to prepare for the war that is raging on outside their doorstep.
Though Alaire has a unique gift and the woman of his dreams by his side, he has yet to come to terms with Esmour's death and what the future holds for him. New faces and the revealing of the fifth Dark magician offers hope, but only the strongest will survive in the final battle.
Whoever said "blood runs thicker than water" never knew what it was like to be part of a current.

I wrote up the summary myself, so I tried to keep it as spoiler-free as possible. So far I think I've managed to pull it off while still letting you in on the journey we're about to enter into. For me what's been enjoyable is seeing each individual character's story come alive. I started over two years ago with Celestria's story in my head, and now here we are finally getting closer to hearing Alaire's own story. I'm hoping you're as excited about it as I am.
There is so much that awaits us in the third book: the revealing of the fifth Dark magician, a deeper look into Alaire's past, new settings with new faces, and the war starting up to determine which species will survive.
 Before I go I'd like to remind you that the holidays are right around the corner, and books always make wonderful gifts -whether it be for a friend, avid reader, aspiring writer, someone you don't that well, or a significant other. Now is the time to purchase copies of Cursed With Power and Shadows and Embers while they are at a discounted price. If you're interested in buying both books together and want a discount, send me a message and let me know -I have plenty of books at home to send your way (and autograph them)!
Lindsey R. Sablowski

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!