Monday, April 21, 2014

Deadline set

My spring break has been busy and filled with work, but today being my only day off I finally managed to sit down and make an ideal deadline window for myself. I don't want to fall behind with finishing edits and releasing Thicker Than Blood. That being said, I have a picture to go along with this as proof for you guys to see how I'm planning everything out.

I realized yesterday when my boyfriend mentioned upcoming dates that April is quickly coming to an end. So I decided to take a look at what months I have left to work on edits and when I could ideally release TTB. I've been saying for a long time now that I want to release it late this year, so even if I could not release it until September, October, or November at the latest I would still reach my goal. Hopefully by having this deadline out in front of me will help me work harder and stay on task. At the very least I gain three months to work on edits and have two/three backup months just in case. Who knows, if I really need it I can wait until December to release the book. 
Now you know what my personal deadline is, and hopefully I can estimate a more specific one as we approach closer to those ending months. Either way, looks like this book will be releasing fall/early winter. Again, a huge thank you to everyone who has been patiently waiting.

On a different note, I wanted to share a collage I made this morning. 
Using the ebooks of CWP and SandE, I took screencaps of the title pages. Then with my own private "print ready" digital copy of TTB I also managed to get a snap of that as well. Nothing too major that separates the title pages, but I thought it was interesting to see them all together in one place. I'm going to have a lot more like this to share when we get closer to the release of book 3. 

Editing Progress
With being busy over spring break, alas I did not have spare time to work on edits. I hope to get back in the grove this week and then get myself on schedule. Chapters 19-27 are awaiting edits and printing, but I plan to have all of the chapters printed out by the end of this month. 

Coming Up
I thought I previously posted about the masquerade and the inspiration behind it on here, but going back through my posts I realized I did not. I plan to have that post up later this week with pictures that helped inspire the scene and talk about its parallels to previous books in the series. 
Hope everyone is enjoying this spring weather, and I'll be back soon with more. Remember if you want to tweet about Thicker Than Blood on twitter use the hashtag #ThickerThanBlood
Lindsey R. Sablowski

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!