Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Officially Being Published! :D

My dearest writers, readers, followers, bloggers:
Tonight is a very special night.  Up until an hour ago this night was like any normal Tuesday night --editing, relaxing in bed, talking to friends.  And then the email arrived, the one that changed my life.
It brings me great pleasure to announce to you tonight that Cursed with Power is officially being published.  Old Line Publishing announced their final decision tonight, and I'll be receiving all of the details within the next couple of days.

Many of you have been with me on this journey since the beginning.  Two years ago I began this journey, writing Cursed with Power, posting it on inkpop, and hoping --without any idea--that someday it would make a difference.  I could not be where I am today without all of the support, motivation, and inspiration each and every one of you have given me.
This is truly a dream come true.
I've been reading posts by published authors for a while now, and I always wondered how I would feel if I ever got accepted.  After prancing around my room like a fool, I had to sit down and attempt to not have a heart attack.  I broke down in tears as my friends and fans sent in comments expressing their happiness and excitement.
What truly makes this moment special is that I have all of you to celebrate this experience with.  I plan on becoming much more active with the blog so you can be kept to date with publication, and I will be announcing a contest.  As for the contest, I was thinking of giving away ARC copies of the book or just free copies in general with an autograph --but the decision is entirely up to you!  Let me know what you'd be interested in seeing.
Before this post becomes too long, I do want to leave with this for the night: Never give up on your writing.  People will reject you, criticize you, and tell you you'll never be good enough.  You'll have times where you don't want to write, you lose faith in what you're aiming for, or you wonder why you are doing this to begin with.  I want you to know, though, in the end the journey really is worth it.  This is a dream you can achieve, and if you don't believe that then take it from an eighteen year old girl who's graduating high school in five days.  This is your dream, and don't ever let anyone --including yourself--take that away.

I love you all, and I am so thankful for your support.  I hope that you will continue to support me as Cursed with Power makes its way to bookstores! Will post more soon!
Lindsey R. Sablowski


Be there for the magic: www.themagiciansseries.blogspot.com

4 Comments:

Annie said...

Congratulations on getting published! As a fellow writer, it's encouraging to hear stories like yours. That's so awesome! I'd definitely enter an ARC giveaway.

Raven Paramour said...

Congradulations on getting published! I would definitely enter an ARC giveaway:)

Lindsey Richardson said...

Aww thanks, Annie! :) Don't worry, you'll have your day in the spotlight too. I'm sure of it! And if there's any way I can help, I'm always willing to help you out :)

Awesome, thanks for the feedback :D

Lindsey Richardson said...

Thanks Raven! I think I'll make a survey and see what happens :D

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!