Monday, March 17, 2014

Alaire and Hunter

As promised while I am in the process of editing Thicker Than Blood, I want to post more to help better involve you in the upcoming book.
If you've been reading the books in the series since the beginning, we all know the story of Alaire and Hunter. There's no spoilers in knowing that Alaire once called himself "Hunter" when he was in Destin. This name originated from the fact that he would hunt White magicians at night. Originally in the first couple of drafts of CWP I had never decided about this dark lifestyle which Alaire once led, but it finally made its way into the book. After all, not every hero is perfect. Hunter was also mentioned in Shadows and Embers, since we took a closer look at the magicians when they were a part of Destin.
Now in the third book Hunter has not left us, but instead we take a deeper plunge to find out exactly what he did. Alaire is faced with dealing with the horrendous crimes he committed as Hunter. Alas, Hunter will also be a dilemma because he might be "dead," but couldn't he easily return if Alaire allowed him to? It sounds like our hero led two different lives, and that was one of the main reasons I nicknamed him "Hunter" for his darkest moments in Destin.
So far in the series each one of our heroes have been faced with dealing with something from their past. Celestria was faced with coming to terms with her magic, Leal sought out revenge for his father's death, and now finally we have Alaire, dealing with who he once was. It was a bit challenging writing scenes that flashed back to Hunter, simply because I've become used to how Alaire is now, but in the end it worked out. It added something unique to the story that was also different from the previous stories, so I'm curious to see how it turns out when the book is released.
What do you think: Will Alaire overcome his bloody past, or should we expect Hunter's return soon?

Kindle Matchbook promotion for Shadows and Embers
 
Before I go I do have several announcements to make. For one, SandE is now a part of the Kindle Matchbook promotion on Amazon. This means that if you have purchased a paperback copy of SandE from Amazon in the past or you do in the present/future, you are able to purchase the kindle version for a discounted price of $0.99
This promotion will be ongoing, and I encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity. The kindle version is usually $3.99 without the purchase of the paperback. Be sure to check it out on Amazon.

Editing progress in Thicker Than Blood
As for the progress I have made with edits for the upcoming book, I am working on chapter two. Fortunately I have my spring break coming up in April, so I plan on spending a lot of that time editing and revising as much as I can. I have been using this great program that helps me edit, so it has been running pretty smoothly so far.

Remember to check back in for more updates and more discussions. Have an idea of what I should post next? Leave a comment, and I'll get back to you!
Lindsey R. Sablowski



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!