Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Title Reveal: Thicker Than Blood (Book 3)


These past couple of months I've been talking a lot about the upcoming third book, and now that it's December I can finally give you all of the details I've been keeping to myself.
Official title: Thicker Than Blood
That's right, the third book in the Magicians series is titled Thicker Than Blood. There are several reasons why I chose this reason, but the main reason being because of the saying that "blood runs thicker than water." I'll leave you to think about the meaning of that, and I will get into more details about it later on. I am just as eager as all of you for this book to release, which means first I have to finish writing it. Don't worry, though, I have plenty more to share.
 
In November was the 4 month mark for Shadows and Embers, book 2 in the series. Excitingly enough, now I can also reveal the main narrator for the third book.
Main narrator: Alaire Sencler
Alaire Sencler, the Dark magician we've known since Cursed With Power finally has his chance to tell his story. This is the character I have been dying to tell you more about, and I have received plenty of requests to hear it. We've heard Celestria and Leal's story, and over the past couple of months I've been working with on a whole new level. It's been exciting to dive into his world and look further into his past and future. While some of us just can't get enough of his charm, we also can't forget about his past as Hunter. The good and the bad, I'll be covering it all.
Although Alaire is the main narrator, we will be hearing some narration from other main characters (as you've seen in the previous books. You can also expect to read certain chapters narrated from a White magician's point of view, whose name I won't reveal... yet. There are plenty of new and familiar faces we'll be meeting throughout Alaire's story.
Progress Update
So far as you can see from one of the pictures above I am in the middle of working on chapter fifteen. Unfortunately I didn't make it to the finish line for NaNoWriMo, but I'm at approximately 37k and have several pages to type up tonight. I admit I'm a bit off schedule, but winter break is three weeks away and then I will have more time to dedicate to writing. In the meantime the goal is still to reach 50k and then plan out reaching 70k by January or February. Who knows, maybe when I hit 50k I'll share a quote from the book.
After spending several hours on wrapping Christmas presents, it's back to writing for me. Enjoy your night, and I'll be back for more later this week. I will be present at North Carroll Library this Saturday for a book signing, so expect some pictures and more. If you have any questions or comments about Alaire or Thicker Than Blood, please don't hesitate to comment away!
Lindsey R. Sablowski

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!