Saturday, July 26, 2014

Shadows and Embers 1 year!

Today is a very special day. Not only am I celebrating 22 months with my boyfriend, but I'm also celebrating a year anniversary with Shadows and Embers. I cannot believe this book has been out for entire year already. Where did the time go?


This year has already been very exciting and hectic for me. I am so pleased to be celebrating a year of publication for my second book. Leal's story was a very interesting one to write. He allowed me the first chance to take a deeper dive into Destin and the organization's history. Without him I would have missed out on a lot.
I remember last year when I first released this book how exciting it was. This was an important part to my career as an author. I had two published books, both in a series. I've taken a lot of pictures with Cursed With Power and Shadows and Embers together. I love how Celestria and Leal's story are very different but also relate with one another. The sequel also gave me a taste at what it's like to split a book up into two parts.
SandE has already made its physical appearance at several book events, including BookFestPA and Baltimore Book Festival. I have loved sharing this book, whether it be virtually or in person at book events.
Perhaps what makes this anniversary even more exciting is knowing that the third installment in the series is releasing in a couple days. I cannot wait to see all three books together, side by side. This series is very close to my heart, and I can already see it'll be difficult to move past it when I reach the end. I love the characters I work with and the world they live in. This book, along with the other in the series, means a lot to me. It means even more that I've had people to share it with. At the end of the day I couldn't do it without my readers, so I'm always thankful for you.
Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. I just returned from the beach so I'm glad to be home and relaxing. Happy 1 year to Leal's story. Don't forget to read it before the release of book 3.
Lindsey R. Sablowski

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!