Sunday, September 7, 2014

Cursed With Power 2 year anniversary

Two years ago my first book, Cursed With Power, released to the public. Since then I have been on quite the adventure, publishing two more books and now presently working on my fourth. Cursed With Power has touched my heart since the very beginning when I first thought of the storyline. Celestria narrated the story, and more importantly she paved the way for the rest of the Magicians series.
"Cover" made back in 2010

So much has happened with this book over its two year span that I do not even know where to begin. I guess I should first “book cover” and image to inspire me. The cover I made myself, though I’ll admit it was not my finest piece of work. It was more so the image itself that inspired me, and the model in the image reminded me a lot of how I envisioned Celestria. For those of you who were on Inkpop and Wattpad, undoubtedly I’m sure you remember the numerous cover changes over the years. Long before CWP was published it was on Inkpop and Wattpad for anyone to read. This story first came to me in the summer of 2010, and ever since then it has been a huge part of my life.
 

Cursed With Power being my first published book is and always will be significant to me. A lot of people have come to know me and my work because of the book. I’ve spoken many times in the past about Celestria, and since her adventure both she and I have grown. My journey as an author has not always been an easy one, but I am grateful to have people to share it with.
In celebration of the two year mark I also wanted to do something special for my readers. I have decided to include a bonus excerpt from Cursed With Power from a different narration. This scene below is narrated by Alaire Sencler, one of the main characters. For those of you who have not read the book there are no spoilers. Those of you who are familiar with it you may recognize when this scene takes place. This is shortly after Alaire first meets Celestria and takes her back to Roana's hut. Enjoy!
I paced around the hut, watching Roana as she examined the girl. Magicians were not meant to battle in public when humans were present. Humans were weak against magic, but they never stopped being amused by it. I barely knew what to do, since it seemed I could not offer any help. Roana was an expert at what she did, and if she needed anything she would ask. Even so, I suspected the girl I had found was not as familiar with magic as myself.
Several minutes passed, and Roana worked quietly on her new patient. She applied herbs on the wounds and wrapped gauge around the injured shoulder. I had no said a single word, and I remained speechless. Esmour had tried to prepare me for this day, but his warnings seemed like distant memories. It never seemed as important until now that this girl survive. I considered revealing to Roana the secret I had hid from everyone, but I questioned my decision. Perhaps it was not necessary for her to know as much as me yet. After all, when the girl awoke she would have many unanswered questions.
"She'll need time to rest, but I believe she will recover," Roana said at last.
I sighed. "Thank you; this means a lot."
She turned to me and raised her brow. "How did you find this girl? I did not suspect another Dark magician to be this close to us."
"She was in danger, and I saved her. It was nothing more but a coincidence," I replied. Though Roana did not question it further, she mentioned a valid point. I had not expected to find another Dark magician after departing from Leal. Perhaps my luck would change after all; this girl could hold all the answers for me. Roana walked away from the patient's table and searched for something amongst the stack of books. Meanwhile I grabbed a chair and pulled it up to where the girl laid. This was a rare moment; I would wait to see what fate had laid in my hands.
"Celestria..." I murmured, smiling at the sound of her name. It was the most beautiful name I had heard of, but it could also be dangerous. Esmour once said every decision comes with a price, and sooner or late I would need to pay. For the time being I bowed my head and prayed to God this girl could offer me the world. She and I had a chance to make a difference in a world where no one accepted us.
Interested to read more of the Magicians series? I am including the links to each book below where it can be purchased. Don't forget later this month I'll also be revealing exciting news about the upcoming fourth book in the series. Until then, there's plenty of time to catch up on the story.
Bloodline Inheritance (book 4) -To Be Announced
Before I go I wanted to thank everyone for making TTB's first month of publication a success. It's very exciting to see Alaire's story out in the world, and I hope you are enjoying it.
Until next time, please share this post and help celebrate this special day. Not only is it the 2 year anniversary for Cursed With Power, but it also means I've been a published author for two years now. I cannot believe the time has flown by so quickly, but I love every minute of it.
Many more posts will be coming up soon (much sooner than this one), and I apologize for any slight delay. Interested in sneaking a peek at my progress in Bloodline Inheritance? Drop by my instagram for daily updates. Enjoy your summer, and remember to read a good book.

Lindsey R. Sablowski

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!