Wednesday, August 5, 2015

New Novel

Since the release of Bloodline Inheritance I've been silently "working" on my newest novel. And by "working" I mean thinking... a lot. Ever since Cursed With Power I haven't touched or attempted to write another novel (outside of the Magicians series). Prior to CWP I found out the hard way that I am not one of those authors who can write multiple novels at once -at least not for now. So here we are, I should already be writing my newest novel. Yet here I am to admit I've just been thinking and writing down ideas as they come to me.

As mentioned before, I don't want to go into details about what this new novel is about. Readers still need to discover what's inside of Bloodline Inheritance. However, I did want to share about the process so far because it's a huge part of my job. As an author I know people are expecting me to release my next novel. That's always the rule as an author; after you finish one book, start on the next one. Simple, right? Nope, apparently anything you ever knew about writing just flies out the window.
There are a lot of new journals in my house. I even bought new pens as "motivation" for my new start, and honestly I've been working through ideas here and there. Every time I think I'm going to start writing the first chapter I stop myself. Writer's block already? No, instead I've accepted that this will take time. This is a new novel, one entirely separate from the Magicians series. I can't simply throw my characters from my series out of my head. They're still there -reminding me of the adventures they shared. Now I just need to make room for my new characters... the ones I do not fully understand yet.
It's August, and though I might not have a lot to show for it I am hopeful with the progress I've made. At worst the real work will begin in November with NaNoWriMo. This novel definitely will not make my job easy, but we can work this out together. I've been consistently writing down ideas as quickly as possible. This is a new adventure, and I'm curious as to where it will take me next.
As for where you can see my progress daily/weekly, check on Instagram and Wattpad. I'll be posting the first chapter of the book on Wattpad for a limited time -to get your thoughts. (And also as a thank you for everyone's support.) As always on Instagram I upload photos daily or every other day, and as soon as I have something to share I will.

In the meantime what writing or reading are you invested in? What new adventures do you face, and do they excite or scare you?
Lindsey R. Sablowski

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!