Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Clara and Claire: Sneak Peek

I'm excited to share the first sneak peek of Clara and Claire. First off I want to thank everyone who's been supporting me through this journey. I meant to post this earlier, but better late than never. After this post I'll be writing for the remainder of the night, but feel free to comment with your thoughts and questions.
In case you haven't read what Clara and Claire is about, here's the working summary:
Clara Nasso witnesses an illegal act of magic the night of her 20th birthday.
The following morning two lives are changed forever. Claire Kanelos, the daughter of the head councilor, disappears. That same day Clara is kidnapped by a Council member and taken to the island of Ninmay. The island rumored to be filled with rich and powerful mages proves to consist of liars and mysteries.
Disturbing facts are brought to light, and Clara realizes the resemblance she shares with the missing woman. She hesitantly agrees to stay for one night, playing the role of Claire.
She meets Ezra, the only person who seems true to his word. He promises to be held responsible for her return home. However, can Clara ever leave when secrets are unraveled with each passing day? Might a killer walk freely and she be the key to Claire's survival?

Now as for the sneak peek... Here's a look into chapter three, and this comes directly from the book (no editing; just solely written as it is). It's possible in the coming months, especially when I finish the book, that this will change or alter slightly. Regardless, I hope this will give you a feel for the book.
What do you think? Are you excited to read more, and are you wondering what's happened to Claire? The entire novel is told from Clara's narration as she (and the readers) try to solve the mystery. 
As I've mentioned before the book is expected to release sometime in 2016. December and January I still plan on writing -and should be nearing the completion of the first draft. So probably later in the year I will release the book. In the meantime I can't wait to hear your thoughts. I'll be posting more little snippets and quotes from the book on Instagram. 
And since you're here, I've decided on the live Q&A. It will be live on Twitter (and probably Instagram too), and I'll post more about it tomorrow. My Twitter username is @LindseyReneeS and I'll be answering questions about writing, publishing, and more. Can't wait to hear from you!
Lindsey R. Sablowski

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

Wow this sounds amazing! I would definitely love to know what's going on in that little teaser. Even for a first draft, your writing is very moving. :)

Lindsey Richardson said...

I just saw your comment, Sabrina! Thank you :) That means a lot, especially when some days I motivate myself with the reason of "even if you write bad, at least you're writing." I can't wait to share more!

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!