Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine's Special Post

Wishing everyone a very happy Valentine's day! I'm later on this post than I wanted to be, but I also did not want to rush this. As much as I've been talking about Clara and Claire lately, I wanted to take the time to talk about the Magicians series too. How can I include both? Well, I've made something special to go along with the holiday. We're talking about relationships from the books. While there's nothing in here I would consider a spoiler (or anything to ruin the series for you), I'll let you make the decision. But in all honesty I just picked out a quote from each relationship and ran with it. So you're safe to move ahead even if you haven't read any of the books.

Alaire and Celestria, Cursed With Power (book 1)

"Are you prepared to lose Alaire? If you enter into a war, you cannot turn back for him; that is the price you must pay if you love the man."
There are so many quotes between Alaire and Celestria, and honestly choosing one was difficult. This one stands out to me because it was someone else's opinion about their relationship. Celestria had to realize at this point in the book the dedication she was making to magic. And Celestria is the girl I've talked about for years, the one who has loved and lost. When I added Alaire into the final version of CWP it was such a relief to have a strong male character like him to be a part of her adventure. Their relationship hands down will always be my favorite.

Leal and Nicia, Shadows and Embers (book 2)
"You are the only person I can trust."
Leal has a lot of relationships throughout the series that I could talk about. But the one the one that always tugs at my heart the most is his relationship with Nicia. I can't give away too much about what's shared between them. Nice isn't introduced until Shadows and Embers, but she's definitely one of my favorites who started in Destin. 

Christopher and Jacquette, Thicker Than Blood
"Without you by my side I fear I would not have endured this suffering."
While Thicker Than Blood focuses on Alaire's story, I had already included him in this line up. So I wanted to take the chance to even shout out one of our lesser acknowledged (at least on the blog) relationships from the series.

Malin and Ema, Bloodline Inheritance
"You have nothing to fear while I am by your side."
As we venture further into the series I have less I am willing to share about the specifics. There were a lot of other relationships I considered for this book, but this one seemed like the least likely to spoil anything major. And while I can't say much, I'll say I did love the positivity between these two.

If you've read the Magicians series, what was your favorite romantic quote? A favorite couple from the series? Comment below and let me know!
In the meantime, I had one last quote I wanted to share. I've talked a lot about Clara and Claire, and every now and then I'm too excited to stay quiet about it. So here's a special one directly from the upcoming book...

Ezra and Clara, Clara and Claire
"Be careful who you push away, Clara. I am willing to take any shot that comes your way."
The fact that with each passing day my newest novel becomes more real means a lot to me. It's changing my life all over again because I know this book will take me in new directions with my future as an author. And while I don't want to give away too much about Ezra and Clara so soon, I'll admit their relationship is never an easy one. On her own Clara has a lot to overcome, and I can't wait for you to see how it all unfolds. 
Again this is a quote directly from the book, and I just could not resist including it with the line up I made for you guys. I hope you're as excited as I am, and in the meantime be sure to comment and send in more requests of what you want to see next!
Happy Valentine's day!
Lindsey Richardson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!