Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday afternoon with Leal

 Last night I only had five hours of sleep because the four hours I could have spent sleeping I used to write... until my hands were very sore.  See, that's the problem with handwriting your chapters. What madness lead me to thinking I could do it?  Well it keeps the writer's block a far distance away, and pages are much less intimidating than a blank Word document.  Unfortunately, spring semester of college started this week, and I suspect that any day now I'll be placing my journal down and picking up my pen to write essays and so forth.  I can't say I'm pleased with the idea of having to place the book on hold, but college work comes first and then writing if possible.  No worries, though, I still have every intention  on releasing the book this spring.
On this particular Friday afternoon it looks like I've got the next two or three hours to type up the chapter I hand-wrote last night and take a break before I leave the house.

In case you didn't hear, I received information on my royalties and sales this month.  Obviously I have not become your next best-selling author, but it's amazing to see where readers have been purchasing my book and how many have it in their hands.  I believe there are more paperback copies floating around in the country than e-books currently (that have been purchased according to the report I saw last night), but regardless... I can't thank you guys enough for supporting me through this.  It seems like just yesterday this book was an idea in the back of my head, and now it's actually selling and in the homes of family, friends, and complete strangers I haven't had the privilege to meet.  Many many thank yous to everyone!  Love you all :)
While I expected this post to be a bit longer, I wanted to leave with a quote from Punished With Destiny.  I'm on chapter 23 at this point, and if my outlines are correct that means I have another approximate twenty chapters before it's completely finished.  Raise your hand if you're scared because this is only the first draft that has yet to be edited... *raises hand*  All the same, I wanted to share this quote with you.  It's from the first part of the book, which focuses on the year Leal and Alaire were working for Esmour in his organization called Destin.  I realize we have a lot to learn about Destin and Esmour, and I think that's the exciting part about part one in the book.  We're gaining insight into the lives Alaire and Leal lived before meeting Celestria.

If you haven't had the chance to read Cursed With Power, I'll clarify right now that the first line was spoken by Leal and the second is Alaire.  (Alaire is older than both Leal and Celestria.)  Hope you enjoy the quote, and remember there's much more to come your way... in the spring! (See what I did there?)
Lastly, before I return to writing, I was considering something we could do on the blog for Valentine's day.  I had thought of something with the characters from my book... but I haven't really decided on something yet.  If you have any ideas, feel free to share.  Enjoy your Friday, and Leal sends all of his love!
Lindsey R. Sablowski

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!