Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Post Release Day

First of all I want to thank everyone who participated in the release. I submitted everything the afternoon of July 31st, so if you see that as the publication date don't be surprised. I did this so that the book would go live on other websites (such as Amazon and so forth) much faster. I am also very happy to say that Thicker Than Blood is now available on all of the websites I mentioned. (I'll be listing them again later in this post.)
Now Alaire's story has made it's way around in social media, and I wanted to share some of the sites it's appeared on. The news of the releases was included on several blogs, websites, Twitter, and more. Let's take a look:
Just Playing Dress Up blog -a dear friend of mine and a fan of the series has turned up the creativity once again. This time she made a set of collections where she included outfits that match along with the covers of the books.
Watch Her Write blog -another friend and fellow reader shares the release of the book on Wordpress
the Magicians series blog  -I've included the release on the Magicians series blog. If you haven't already check it out and see the new appearance on the blog. 
Shelfari -wanting more of Alaire's story? Once you read the ebook you can see what I added to Shelfari about the book or go there yourself and see what's been added. I'll add more later on, but don't worry spoilers are hidden.
FictFact -see the details about the release of the book and also included are the remainder of the series

It's certainly been a crazy couple of days, but now that the book has released I can sit back (slightly) and breathe. I will still be making up promo material and sharing more about the book via this blog and other social media. All in all, though, I'm glad Alaire's story is released. If you want to read "From the Author" on Amazon, in which I talk about what it was like writing the book it's now available. (Scroll down to where it says "editorial reviews.") I have loved talking about this book, and it breaks my heart knowing that Alaire's story is done. I really enjoyed working with him, but as with every book in this series the narration must change again. 
Alas summer is reaching its end, and I plan to split up my time doing housework, promotions/marketing, and believe it or not... writing. That's right, if you follow me on Twitter or Instagram you might have seen I've started on the next adventure.
Bloodline Inheritance: brief news
Brief... I'll make it brief. I know I said I won't talk details about the fourth book, and technically I'm not discussing details. There is so much more I have to share about Thicker Than Blood that I cannot begin to talk about book four. However, I have started writing the fourth book and thought I would share.
On the right side bar you'll see a word count, showing my progress in the book so far. I've set the goal for 80k, which might be a bit overkill for now. Even if I finish the book at 80k during revisions anything can happen, and the word count changes drastically. I rather set my goal high and not reach it than too low and need to change it. I'll try to update that as often as I can, especially since I want to write as much as I can before returning to work. And I know NaNoWriMo is coming up in November, but I need to keep writing while the story is in my head.
The picture above might be hard to see, since I posted it on Instagram and took the picture with my phone. That was my word count on Ommwriter, which I've been using a lot because it gives me a calm and distraction-free zone to write. I've nearly reached 7k already, and I've been trying to write nearly everyday. 
Again no details to be released yet, though I do have them ready. I'll set a date for when I want to share them and let you know. In the meantime keep in mind I'm hard at work and drinking a lot of coffee.

Ready to read Alaire's story?
All the links to purchase Thicker Than Blood can be found in my release post or on the Books page. By now I believe I have updated the majority (if not all) of my websites with the links and further details. You can also find links to purchase the previous books on the Books page as well, so stop on by and see what you find. 
Lindsey R. Sablowski

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!