Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Q & A and upcoming teaser

Yesterday I answered Q & A's on Reddit via the r/Fantasy subreddit. This event lasted from 6:30am-8:30pm, and I received a lot of great questions. In case you missed it, you can view it today. Remember that if you have any further questions that haven't already been answered, leave one for me on Goodreads or leave one below in the comments. I answer questions as often as I can.

Now while summer is reaching its end I admit I'm almost looking forward to it. I'm not a fan of the hot weather, and we've been experiencing a lot of it in Maryland. Even so, the end of summer also means I'll have less time for writing. (And I'll need to be more strict with myself.) To celebrate the end of summer I'm proposing a teaser post. I have several different ideas of what this post could be about. I've done posts in the past around Christmas where I type up a short story with characters from my books. This one I'd like to somehow relate back to summer, so maybe it will be a humid day the characters are living through. Regardless, I want to hear your thoughts. Who do you want to be involved in the upcoming teaser/short story?
  • Characters from the Magicians series -may or may not be main characters
  • New characters -just make it up on the spot!
  • Potential characters to be in a future book -these would be two characters I'm potentially writing the story of after the end of the Magicians series
This post would be going up before August 25th, since that is when I return to work. Until then, feel free to tweet me @LindseyReneeS or via Facebook or the comments here on the blog. I would love to have your feedback before I go ahead and decide.

Now as for updates on Thicker Than Blood I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has purchased the book. There is nothing that makes me happier than checking in on my sales and royalties to discover another purchase has been made. That also includes a thank you to my mom, who purchased the book as soon as it went live. Remember you can find purchase links to the entire series so far on the Books page.
As for writing I've been doing a fair amount of it. As you can see from the word count widget on the sidebar I've reached 18k in Bloodline Inheritance. I'm still waiting to determine when I should release more details about the book, but again for now this is Alaire's month and I'm giving it to him. Expect news within the next month or two. (I can't hide it for too long or I won't be able to blog more specifically about my progress. I really want to tell you about what it's been like so far.)
Lindsey R. Sablowski

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!