Thursday, April 21, 2011

17 agents in one day *gasp*

17 agents.  *GASP* While all my friends are busy playing golf, hanging out at Borders, or just relaxing over spring break, I have spent my entire Thursday querying agents.  Where do I even begin?
Probably a difficult thing to accept when querying is that every time you tell somebody you know "Oh, I'm querying agents" their response is almost always "Uhh I have no idea what you're talking about."  One would think I would eventually realize this, but somehow I never remember.  I can't tell you how many times I had to explain what I was doing to the people I spoke with.  Even after explaining, I don't think they truly understood what I was doing and the importance of it for my book's future --and my own as well.
Nonetheless, after countless hours of searching, checking, writing, editing, and emailing I have queried 17 different agents.  So that leaves me with how many tomorrow...?  For those of you who haven't started querying, have taken a break from querying, or are in the middle of the madness right now... here's how I get through it all:

  • Turn up the music (hello Kenny Chesney & Seether.  Come on, you have to have different kind of music so you don't bore yourself)
  • Starbucks? :)  If you can go out to Starbucks and buy coffee, why wouldn't you?  It'll keep you awake through it all
  • Journal & pen at the ready!
Other than that, it's just being fully focused and keeping your cat *cough cough* off of your journal.
No one said this road was going to be easy, so all we can do is take it one step at a time.  And all the while we need to keep our fingers crossed because who knows, maybe that will help.
All I know for certain is I'm calling it a day with querying.  For the remainder of my day I think I will be editing Cursed with Power.
Happy querying all! *falls over*
Cursed with Power
Power, love, hearbreak...
Violence, screaming, blood...
His eyes rolled back into his head.  I had done this.
You don't have to go anywhere to read the book.  Read it here. 


Coming up next...
New Life
Follow the Magicians series blog to read about the details, release date, character quotes, and excerpts from the book.

Be there for the magic: www.themagiciansseries.blogspot.com
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 Comments:

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Congratulations with your querying. 17 in one day is truly remarkable!

Josiphine said...

Keep us updated on what happens with it!

Ellie Garratt said...

OMG. That is a lot of querying! I'll be coming to you for advice when I finally finish my book; you'll be a pro!

Ellie Garratt

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!