Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Have you been rejected?

If you've been rejected by a literary agent or published before, you know what it's like.  Some of us may be at the point where emailing agents is like walking through Hell.  Agents will reply to you, and in one sentence they can break your heart, saying "Not for us, thanks."  And if you're nodding your head, then we both are going through the same experience.  


Today I read a very uplifting article by Kathryn Stockett, who is now the published author of The Help.  I wanted to mention Kathryn's article because she is probably the only person who is keeping me going right now.  She went through 61 rejections to get her book published.  If you haven't read her story yet, I suggest you read it here because it is by far the most touching piece I have ever read.  At the end, I was near tears because like Kathryn, I understand all too well that literary agents can be blunt and heartbreaking.


That's why I decided for the time being I need to relate my posts to rejections.  Let's face it, we're all going through it, about to go through it, or are already past it.  Either way, I feel like by doing this we all will be able to connect.  And who knows, maybe we'll have each other's shoulders to lean on.

Be there for the magic: www.themagiciansseries.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!