Sunday, June 12, 2011

Here I am, I made it

Well, it's been a while, eh?  This week I've spent a lot of time thinking, and I've come to realize something.  There is too much regret in this world.  We regret what we do, we regret what we have or haven't said, we regret the moments of life we've missed.  If you're going to regret anything, regret what you haven't done.  The past is already done and you can't change it, but the present we can still make the best of.  I say this to my writing friends out there and to everyone else in general.  Let down your worries, make each moment in your life count, and keep on loving the people closest to you.
Besides thinking, I also spent too much time worrying about this, that, and everything in between.  And the truth of the matter is that's not going to get me or you anywhere.
At one point I threw down my pen and thought to myself, "No, I've had enough."  For an entire day I refused to get anywhere near my writing, and inside it was killing me, tearing me apart, eating at me.  The next day, though, I woke up and the sun was beaming in my window and I thought, "You know what, it's time to get back to what I can do."  Life is difficult, writing can be a world of madness sometimes, and if you put the two together it can be overwhelming more than we would like for it to be.
Every day when I feel like it's been too much or I'm too worried about the other troubles in life to carry on, I look around at the people who support me.  My family, my friends, and even people I do not personally know.  I look at them and remember they've been here for me this long; it's not going to end abruptly.

You do not need to change yourself to make it through each day.  You do not need to throw away every dream because you get scared.  Stay strong, hold onto the person you love, and keep working toward the passion you have.
Here we all are.
We've made it.

Be there for the magic: www.themagiciansseries.blogspot.com

3 Comments:

Ellie Garratt said...

An inspirational post. The Pareto Principle states we spend 80% of our time achieving 20% of our results. I think it definitely applies to worry and regrets. Sometimes we can spend so much time worrying about doing or not doing something, when we could have just done it or moved on!

Ellie Garratt

Lindsey Richardson said...

Couldn't have said it better myself, Ellie. Thanks for the comment.

KM Nalle said...

Thanks for the inspirational post today. I've been struggling with the same issues and have been coming to the same epiphany of thought. Like Nike, I'm just going to "Do It."

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!