Sunday, August 7, 2011

400th post!

The 400th post!  And it has been an extremely busy week for me, for any of you who might have been wondering.  Last night I came home from the mall and literally just fell asleep the second I stepped into my room.

Today, I want to have a moment of reflection.  After all, don't we need to reflect on ourselves now and then? Writing is something you need to enjoy, especially when you're marketing your book to agents and publishers.  It's the process you go through before querying that needs to be the experience of a lifetime.  What is it we enjoy and are excited about?  Is it our characters, the plot, the new ideas racing through our mind?

When I first came up with the plot for Certain Fate I was overjoyed.  You may recall me talking about it, and I remember on another site I was talking about it every day.  The idea was new and fresh, the characters were mysterious, and all I could think about was writing the next chapter and the next one and so forth.
Then summer came and despite how I had already started that book, Cursed with Power was begging me to give it a chance.  I wasn't sure if I could leave my criminal in Certain Fate for a magician in Cursed with Power whose attitude even I felt uncertain about.  Even so, I changed where I was heading and started working on the book I've now been working with for an entire year.  Of course we could always say suppose I did something different, suppose I had stayed with Levenaude instead of taking a chance with Celestria.

Well, here we are and I'd have to say --Levenaude forgive me for this--I'm happy with the choice I made.  Who knows, maybe you guys are too.
Lindsey R. Sablowski
Be there for the magic: www.themagiciansseries.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!