Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Behind the Character: Nicia

the image is not mine; credit to photographer
Nicia is a new character we'll be meeting for the first time in the upcoming sequel, Punished With Destiny.  I've been talking about her a lot, mentioning her here and there, and I decided it was time for me to give her a more proper introduction.
In Italian the name "Nicia" means "victorious people."  As for whether the meaning actually fits our character is something I'll let you decide.  To be honest, I don't remember how I first came across this name.  Somehow I came across it and was immediately drawn toward it because it's rare and sounded unique.
While I can't go into much detail about our new character -since you'll meet her in the book- I will reveal that she has a very significant role.  I have no idea how readers are going to react to her, but if nothing else I hope they see that she brings out a different "side" of Leal.  And who knows, maybe we will also see that Leal brings out the best in her.

Nicia's name may be unique, but I'm also working to make her character unique in ways that separate her from others.  What I suppose inspired her was that in CWP Celestria was the main female character that I worked with the most, and now Nicia is a whole new challenge.  She can be brutally honest, but at the same time she could be the best friend you rely on with your life.  I still have quite a ways to go with her -considering the fact I'm only halfway through the book-but I'm working to make it so that readers are drawn toward her loyalty and mysteriousness.
Are you ready for what's next?  We find out all of Nicia's secrets and more in the upcoming sequel, and until then...
Happy reading!
Coming next: Welcoming the new year
Lindsey R. Sablowski

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!