Saturday, December 1, 2012

Hello December, Goodbye NaNoWriMo

I honestly had no idea that I would finish NaNoWriMo this year, but somehow I did.  I finished literally a few minutes before I had to leave for work, and let me tell you that once I finished I swore I could never write again. Naturally I did the only logical thing... and started writing the first thing when I woke up this morning.
And now look, it's already December and I haven't changed my calendar!  If anything, NaNo has just proven to me that time flies.  Finals are coming up this month, so today might be my one free day to write before I have to study like crazy.

As most of you know, I intend on having Punished With Destiny released in the spring of 2013, so the fact that I've finished more than half of the book will hopefully help me reach that deadline.  Leal has been a pain at times, but I'm starting to grow fond of the characters.  The first part of the book focuses on Leal's life before he met Celestria, being as he was a part of Destin.  All of the characters in this first part are mainly new to me with the exclusions of Leal, Alaire, and Aldemund.  I suppose that's the most exciting and challenging part of this book so far: having a whole new cast of characters to work with.  At times it can be frustrating, but now that I've become more accustomed to them I can't wait for when I'm in the editing process to add more to them. (Haha imagine that, someone looking forward to editing.)

CWP news
The support for Cursed With Power has been amazing, and let me just say for the record (and the millionth time) that I love each and every one of you who have shown your support.  I certainly hope that the book can be a success because there's so much more to come in the next four books of the series.
Now that it's December, we have another book signing on the way!  On December 8th, I'll be at North Carroll Library to chat with fans, sign copies of the book, and also sell copies for those who haven't made a purchase yet.  Remember a book can be a wonderful gift for someone who loves to read :)  I realize a lot of you who follow this blog don't live in or near Maryland, but I'll ask someone to take pictures and post them here after the event.

Happy December!
Lindsey R. Sablowski

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!