Saturday, December 29, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Since I'll be busy both New Year's eve and New Year's day, I decided to make a post early reflecting on this year and what's to come in 2013.  Without further ado...

2012
oldlinepublishing:

Celestria Hale learns that she is one of the last living Dark magicians. Upon leaving her hometown, she searches for others like herself to find out what has happened to her kind. She meets Alaire, another Dark magician with a dangerously sinister past. Through their travels, Celestria and Alaire come face to face with their enemies. The White magicians plot against them, developing a conspiracy that will overtake the last of them. While struggling for survival, Celestria must also come to terms with her sister’s death.  But is her sister dead? There’s no way out. The battle’s already begun, and only the most powerful force will prevail. Everyone shows a longing hunger in their eyes, but their greed for power is only the beginning of a war raging between darkness and light. With the war approaching to determine the fate of magicians, Celestria fears for her and Alaire’s existence. Destiny may find them, but will it be enough?
The most amazing part about this year was the publication of Cursed With Power.  After spending six years trying to publish one of my books, I am proud to say that this one will always be remembered as my first.  The fans have been amazing, the support has been wonderful, and journey -with it's ups and downs-has been worth all the blood, sweat, and tears I poured into this book.
Another important part of this year was finding myself again, and in that journey I also found someone who has supported me through a lot.  My boyfriend, Eric, has done more than any words could do justice, and I'll gladly share to the world that this man is the one I am happy to say stands beside me through everything.  (And we all know that dating a writer can't be easy, can it?)
And let's not forget that now my hair is dyed blonde, and I absolutely love the change!
stil-inski:



You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world, old man, but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices. I hope she likes hers.


1/∞ Favourite Books - The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
And then there was this book that impacted me like none other has ever before... The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.  I am in love with this book, and it's honestly like nothing that's ever been written.  John Green has an amazing gift, and if there's one thing that man should be remembered for it's this book alone.
2013
I have no idea what to expect next year, but what I do know for certain is that the world isn't ending and anything could happen at this point.  Next year I just want to give my all, do my very best with everything, and never take life for granted... Because after all, I think in the end that's what it's all about.  Don't take anything for granted and live your life out to the fullest.  If that means late nights editing for me, then hey that's all right. Leal get out of my head already....

Hope everyone has a great beginning to the New Year!  I'll be back after the holiday with more to share.
Lindsey R. Sablowski

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!