Wednesday, March 23, 2011

*New* Chapter 10 (wait, what the...?)


CHAPTER 10
ALDEMUND'S TURN

Another update of this chapter is posted on the Magicians series blog.  Remember, the Magicians series blog is where you can get official updates, more excerpts, quotes, character posts, and in-depth posts about other material relating to Cursed with Power and the Magicians series.
Onto the madness?  Right, so this chapter was basically one of the most difficult ones to write.  I know I have said that about other chapters, but honestly I'm not kidding.  In the new chapter 10 the narration changes from first person POV to third person.  With the switch, the narration changes focus to Aldemund and what is happening with him.  Obviously I never originally planned on doing this in Cursed with Power, but when I was thinking about how I could involve the scene into the book so that readers could understand more of what was happening this seemed like the only logical way.
Do not misunderstood, Aldemund's chapter alone made me want to pull the hair out of my head.  I felt entirely confused at first when I read over the first draft and thought, "Wait.... Wilhem and Christopher aren't the same people!"  I swear I revised this chapter like my life depended on it.  If you could see the ridiculous amount of notes I wrote to myself just to stay on top of everything and remember who is who --which apparently my friends thought was weird for me to forget.
Let me get to the excerpt while you're interested.

EXCERPT:

“W-where do I t-take it?” He shook like a helpless animal as he spoke.
Aldemund pushed him gently, though the defiant stare he gave was not pleasant. “Go; take it to the usual place.”
Watching as the teenager ran through the street, Aldemund backed up into a dark ally. As usual the two people he argued most with were standing in the shadows. He could hear their whispers before he smelled the unmistakable scent of blood. There was a sneer on his face until he realized all too soon that the blood was coming from Christopher, one of the strongest magicians working for him.
“What did you do, fool?” Aldemund slapped Christopher’s face before he could answer.

All in all, though, I actually felt really good after I wrote this several days ago.  Sure it took me a while to upload this and re-number every chapter afterward, but it was worth it.  I'm excited and curious to hear your thoughts on the new addition, so don't be shy.  Tell me what you think!  Read it.
Besides that I've got a lot more heading your way that I will be sharing with you in the next couple of days. (Ha, I say that like I don't have to work tomorrow-Saturday night.)  Somehow I am going to try to manage to catch you up to where I am now.  Just remember, for more on any topic relating to the Magicians series you need to visit the blog.  You can always make your life easier and just follow it.
Be there for the magic: www.themagiciansseries.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!