Wednesday, November 13, 2013

30k in the upcoming third book


Here we are nearing the end of day 13 of NaNoWriMo, and I'm proud to announce that I reached 30k tonight. When I first started this book I had no idea that by November I would already be this close to 50k. As I explained in an earlier post, my goal for this month is to hit 50k for NaNoWriMo, which is why if you look at my word meter on the side it now shows my progress out of 50,000 words. I'll change it back to 70k when we're in December, but for now I just want to focus on November's goal.
 
It's crazy to think I only have 19k more until I reach my goal, and I've been pushing myself even on days when I think "eh, it can wait another day." One of the biggest lessons you can ever learn from writing is that it needs to be done as frequently as possible until it's a daily routine to be a part of your every day. For those of you who are dying for more of an inside scoop on the third book, let's take a look....
First off, I'll say it again... The cover is to die for. You can definitely see a pattern that the books are starting to take on, which was not at all intended and I only just realized myself the other day. So far my boyfriend has been the only one to see the official cover, besides the designer obviously, but he agrees it's amazing.
Now as for the writing, I finished chapter eleven tonight and will be starting on twelve tomorrow morning. Book Three has a lot of new faces as well as familiar ones, so I'm working hard to spend time developing all of the characters. The main character has been such a pleasure to work with, and I am eager to reveal who it is next month. Remember in December you find out the official title and main narrator for the story, which will also help both you and I tweet and/or post about the upcoming book.
What has definitely been interesting in the series is seeing character develop and change over time, and in one of my most recent chapters the narrator talked about all of the changes that had occurred. There are many more intense, attack-filled chapters coming up, and I'm eager to see where the book is going to end because as of right now I don't have an ending planned out. I can, however, promise it will end like any other book in the Magicians series... leaving you wanting more.

That's all for tonight. I just wanted to check in and update everyone with the progress I made. Keep your fingers crossed I reach the 50k marker by the end of this month. Only two more weeks left, so for anyone else participating in the madness... Hang in there!
Lindsey R. Sablowski

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!