Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Last Breath List

*Jessica Lemmon came up with this idea and my blogging friend, Kelley Breakey, suggested I join with her and Jessica in doing this*

Instead of making a list of everything you want to do before you die, why not make a list of everything you are thankful you've already done in this life?  I'm putting mine up now, but honestly I think you can agree with me when I say it will grow.  Create your own last breath list on your blog; it helps you realize all the great things in your life.
Here it is so far:

  • I have a wonderful, supporting family that will deal with the fact that I "always" write
  • The reassurance that there will always be someone in this world who loves me for who I am
  • When I first decided I wanted to become a writer
  • Being part of newspaper this year; it's already starting out great
  • How far I've come with my writing; how I've improved and can continue to improve
  • All my friends who support me no matter what I'm doing, make me laugh, rescue me when I'm having one of those bad days, and keep my life interesting
  • My followers on blogger and my fellow writing friends who are apparently interested in what I write and help boost my confidence
  • The great community of inkpop, which without I may have never found the true fascinating world behind my writing and sharing it with others
  • For having met Gabby because she keeps up with my writing emails while everyone else does not know what they want to hear from me.  Besides that, who knows what I'd do without her sarcasm and friendship
  • The teachers I've had so far who have encouraged me to reach for the stars
There's so much more I'd add to the list, but then I think I'd be on this post all night.  Thanks Kelley for telling me about this.  I encourage anyone reading this to make a list as such as well.

2 Comments:

Summer Ross said...

That's a lot to be thankful for, this is a great idea, I might write about it tonight in my journal thanks for posting.

Julie Musil said...

That is an amazing list. I loved what Jessica did, too. It's nice for us to take a step back and realize how lucky we are. Great job.

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!