Friday, June 29, 2012

Thank YOU --Who do you owe it to?

As I sat here this morning debating on what to write about to start my day, I thought it'd be a nice touch if I first visited here.  I'm trying to get into the habit of posting something on the blog before actually getting to work.

For many writers, they like to find someone they can contribute their success to.  Whether they are published or not, they often search in their mind for who it is that they really owe it to.  From the book idea, to the characters, to being able to finish the book, to being published, there's always someone--often times, many--who helped along the way.
But first and foremost I want to draw attention to the readers.  For as long as I can remember, I have always worked on a written piece with the belief in mind that so long as people continued writing there will always be someone to read the work.  At the time when I first came up with this theory, I had no idea how true it really is.
Often times I feel the readers are never truly thanked enough for all that they do, whether they realize it or not.  I remember reading the last Harry Potter book, and in Rowling's dedication she mentioned her readers, and for me that meant everything.
So today, if you don't mind, I'd like to thank each and every one of you who have helped all along.
My readers have always been here to support me, regardless of whether I was published or not.  From the days on Inkpop all the way up till Wattpad, I would look back at comments from readers and remember that there were people out there who cared.  The amazing thing about them is that they have followed me in this journey, and I honestly don't think I could have wished to accomplish all of this without them--without you.

As much as I'd love to go on, I'd probably star repeating my acknowledgments --which I don't want to reveal just yet!  But I want everyone to know that they have had an impact on my work.  It's often said that people think they have little influence on a writer, but in truth we take in every detail, every part of us you allow us to know about and we work it into our characters, our plot, our stories.  
Before I end this all too soon, though, I do owe a huge thank you to all of my followers here on the blog.  I've always wanted a place where I can share the important aspects (or what I think is important?) of my life and work with people.  It took me a while to actually realize such a place existed, but I am glad to say that this blog has been and will continue to be a wonderful outlet.  Thanks to Blogger, I met all of these wonderful writers with the same dreams as me.  For years I watched as many of you got your books published, while others of you continued working hard to find a home for your book.  I look back on that now, realizing that I too once wondered if I would ever make it there.  Often times I don't like saying a lot about myself; it's easier to talk about my work.  To be honest, though, if you're feeling like everyone around you is being published except for you, just wait.  I know it's hard, I know you don't believe it now (I didn't either), but your time will come.
I owe it all to you guys!  Thank you for supporting me regardless, and I am so thrilled that we continue on as more exciting adventures come our way.  Publishing was only the beginning, after all!
Lindsey R. Sablowski  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!