Monday, July 23, 2012

Alaire Sencler: Can I confide in you?

A little birdie told me that Léal had paid a visit, so I thought it was only fitting for me to correct his mistakes.  If I'm able to confide in you this once... I will return to you again and ask for your help.  You can join me on this journey, but I must warn you I carry the burden of secrets no man wishes to bear.  If you're ready, I'm inviting you in: welcome to my world.
I used to work for a man named Esmour.  Unfortunately I'm not able to tell you about the work I did for him, seeing as even I don't know how much of it is to  remain confidential now that he is did.  However, I can assure that he was a great man.  He was wise, you know?  He knew more about magic, and I imagine that kind of knowledge can be overwhelming.

I bear more grave news, I'm afraid.  Now that there are only five Dark magicians in the world, these are dangerous times.  You don't have anyone you can trust --except for those whom are you allies--and even your allies will never fully trust you.  There are secrets you may have to keep from your loved ones simply because you know if you ever spoke them aloud they would destroy you.  The war between light and darkness is unstoppable now.  We must go to war; we've known this for a long time, and we have been fools to avoid it.  Now the war will determine what species lives and which dies.
I've seen people turn right in front of my eyes.  One minute they're standing beside you, the next minute they're gone without a trace.  It's a scary thought, and I don't blame you if because of this reason you decide to not join me.  I've learned over the years it's better to be completely honest about he mission than lie to make it sound harmless.  If you're ignorant to the facts, it could get you killed.
Lastly, you should know that I'm traveling with another companion: Celestria.  She's stubborn, but never fear, her attitude is harmless.  Once you take the chance to listen to a person's story, you can begin to build up a image in your head of why they became the way that they are.  I believe this also applies to Celestria; once we hear her story, we'll know the reasons for her actions and words.
Oh, and if you hear from Léal, don't tell him I said this, but I honestly don't Celestria was impressed by him.  Even if she was, why should it bother me?  Léal's a fool when it comes to love.  A man who really wants to win over a lady's heart knows first he must win her over with his words --proving time and time again that he will stand beside her when everything else falls.
Are you ready for the journey?  Can I confide in you?  Let me know soon; I'll be awaiting your response.
Always,


2 Comments:

Riv Re said...

*swoon* That's all. Just...major swoon.

Lindsey Richardson said...

Haha ;)

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!