Thursday, August 9, 2012

Author appearance, the SEQUEL... oh and Pinterest

Whew what a week!  Sorry it's been a while, but I've been busy with the trip to NC, writing this new book, and helping out my boyfriend with ideas for his video segments.  Anyways, it's time for me to play catch up once again -how many times does this make it?  
Well first off I want to say the trip to North Carolina was totally worth it!  I had a great time -despite the five hour road trip to get there.  And as promised, I even brought back pictures!
The stand where authors T.C. McCarthy and Michael J. Sullivan were talking.  They talked a bit about their books, and then they each read a segment from their book.  They even managed to make a few jokes, which I'll admit I enjoyed very much so :)
I finally met Michael J. Sullivan in person! He's extremely nice and funny, and he's one of the most down-to-earth people I've ever met.  We chatted for a bit, and I even got to talk with his wife -she always comes to all his signings.
  
Mrs. Sullivan was nice enough to give me the Riyria shirt and keychain that aren't sold anywhere to me.  Apparently she only gives it to people she feels like did something "special" or are "talented," and she said "publishing a book at 18 is something to be proud of!"  As I said, they're very nice people.  
Oh, and even though in all the excitement for the trip I forgot to bring my copy of Theft of Swords, I got a new copy and Michael signed it. 
But enough about me... Let's get onto what you really want to hear about.
For those of you who have checked on Old Line's website, I am aware there is a cover next to Cursed With Power.  I spoke with the company, and they've reassured me that this NOT the official cover.  The official one has to be approved by me before it is on the website, so until you read about my dancing around my room because the cover is actually finished, the one on the site is a "place holder."
As for the sequel...
I have been trying my very best to get to work on the book.  I honestly do love Leal's character; it's just some of these other newbies that I'm not used to.  But of course all that is for a later time.
Before you go, I realize this has been a long post so let me try to finish it up real quick.  For those of you who enjoy the character journeys, I'll be posting another tonight.  As always, I'm making little promo quotes and so forth (like the one at the very top) to help promote the work and in hope that you'll like it enough to share it somewhere.
If you actually read through this entire post, congrats... I'll stop talking now.
Coming up next: I'll finally foreshadow/hint about possible contest ideas.  Also, a character journey (not from Leal's POV!) and lastly...I joined Pinterest so if you want to follow me that'd be cool: Follow me :)
Lindsey R. Sablowski

2 Comments:

Tburger said...

And everyone agreed that Lindsey will rule the world! :) (TC McCarthy)

Lindsey Richardson said...

Haha aww thank you, TC! :)

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!