Thursday, August 2, 2012

Leal Irvine: At night we fall asleep believing we can escape it


It's a lovely afternoon, actually one of the finest I've seen in days.  I was told I'll be telling my story at last, and I must admit it's a relief.  Well come on already; you know I can't stay in one place too long.  Walk with me, won't you?


I find the beginning of a story is always the most difficult to write.  Wouldn't it be easier if we could start with the end?  Or perhaps the middle?  Alas, though, the beginning of my story must be told.  I don't expect you to understand, but beneath this smile and inside the manor I call home there's a story I've never told before.  Not even Mama truly knows what it is that I do.  I'm not merely a business man like my father.
But I've held in this story for too long, so I'll place my life on the line by telling you who I really am.  There's parts about the magical world that I know, and now I'm relying on you to keep it between the two of us.  You know these are dangerous time; we can't afford any of this getting out to the authorities.

I can teach you what I know, I can show you the world as it really it... But you'll have to take the first step.  Are you ready for this?  I've waited a long time for you to listen.  I will return within a day or two if you should accept.   In our world as it is today, the truth might be all that's left to save you, dove.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!