Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lesson about love from Christina Perri

Music is always a popular topic when it comes to the literary world. Why? Because every author has their different opinion on it -some prefer listening to music while they write, others need complete silence.
No matter what your preference is, tonight we're taking some lessons from Christina Perri.
One of the main reasons I love listening to Christina's songs while I write is because they're not too fast (or at least not the ones I listen to) and they always have a story that goes along with them.  It's not words simply put together because it sounded good -you can feel the emotions involved in the song.  And what I really love is that there's talk about love in these songs that gives it both a beautiful and sad meaning to it.
Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid
To fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt
Suddenly goes away
Such as in the song above, "A Thousand Years," she talks about how nervous she is to love this man, but then by looking at him on his own she is able to put aside her doubts.  It's little stories like these in a song that can add so much meaning not only to the lyrics but to the theme itself.
In literature today love is a very popular topic.  We love reading about true love, and sometimes we even enjoy the kind of love that happens by accident and turns out okay in the end.  (Or maybe you're in the group that loves reading about the relationships that have a twisted end.)  No matter what way you look at it, love is always a changing topic.  It something we cannot define, but rather something we can experience and share. 
Anyways, my point of all of this is that if you haven't listened to Christina Perri or don't know what to think of her... I'd try listening to some of her songs.  Personally I've always found them as an extra helpful tool when writing romantic scenes.

Hope everyone has a good night!  Remember only seven more days!
Lindsey R. Sablowski

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!