Friday, August 3, 2012

We're all looking for a HERO within ourself



Can't believe it's already Friday! I went out today to celebrate that at last I'm finished with editing. (Woohoo!)  I'm stopping by tonight to give you a bit of an idea of how I plan to finish my night... as well as my weekend.
Tonight and tomorrow I'll be working on the sequel.  Seeing as I've just finished months upon months of editing, I'm not going to jump into it too quickly.  But I'd like to get used to Leal's character, walk around in his shoes for a bit -so to speak, and become familiar with his world.  He is very different from Celestria, and I want those differences to shine through.  Since I'm only in the beginning stages, I want to enjoy the book solely because I have the chance to write it. Nothing will be rushed, no deadlines, nothing set in stone... I'll just take it one day at a time. And if that means I only finish one page or one chapter every day, that's okay.  It feels great to return to writing -not editing, just solely writing.  It's what I love about my job, and while I'm eager to jump into Leal's world without looking back, there is a lot for me to consider before fully dedicating myself to the job ahead.
Seeing as I'm starting college this fall, I might not always have the opportunity to write as often as I would like to. Fortunately if all else fails, I can use my breaks to catch up!  But the fall isn't much of my concern right now.. I'd like to focus with the present.

THANK YOU to everyone who has been so patient waiting for the cover!  Again, I have no idea when it will be ready, but I promise I'll post it everywhere (not kidding) once it arrives :)
Don't forget about upcoming contests! I'll be sharing some ideas when it gets closer to the release date (I have no idea when that is yet haha), but remember your opinion counts too! If you have any contest ideas send them to me --crazy, amazing, creative, unique... Anything you've got, I want to hear about!

Also... on Sunday I'll be away in North Carolina making a personal appearance at a writing festival.  If you're going, I'll see you there!  I believe adult romance author Jamie Salisbury will be guest blogging that day.  Be sure to thank her for stopping by and give a warm hello! :)

That's all for now.  Enjoy your night.
Coming up next: We talk about those crazy, amazing, creative, unique contest ideas!  Feel free to send ideas as well!
Lindsey R. Sablowski 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!