Saturday, August 25, 2012

Jamie Salisbury and her latest book, Timeless Sojourn

Today we have Jamie Salisbury at the blog to discuss her latest release, Timeless Sojourn.  Please give a warm welcome and hello to Jamie!
First let's take a look at what Timeless Sojourn has to offer, and what kind of fiery passion may strike between the uncertain yet hopeful Anne and handsome but arrogant Geoffrey.

Timeless Sojourn summary:
"It wasn't supposed to be like this!", has become the mantra in Anne Harrison's head since her recent divorce. She was too old to be here...to be single. Melancholy and unsure about anything Anne takes her long time friend Kat's advice and gets back to her roots...in Seattle. There she hopes to connect with that long ago girl from her childhood and find her confidence again.
Devilishly handsome, arrogant, and cocky Geoffrey Quinn is a man of success. He's also a man of layers and most people can't get past what he portrays. No one until Anne.
The last thing either of these people are looking for is a relationship. Anne finds Geoff highly irritating (and young!) at his best, while Geoffrey finds her magnetic and wise.
Seemingly unsuitable and unplanned attractions lights a fiery passion this duo never expected.
Will they take a chance on passion? If they do what happens when the blaze recedes? What will be left ashes or embers?


Might Anne fall in love with Geoffrey? Let's find out... With an excerpt from the book!

Fall in the Northwest is quite different from that in north Georgia. It gets cold soon after Labor Day and not being able to go outside and walk without freezing is a drawback. I have extended my walking perimeter to include a park just off the public docks not far from Kat’s home. I go to sit on one of the many benches lined up along the walkway to watch the boats and goings on.
“Beautiful afternoon, isn’t it?” An Irish brogue behind me inquires. Without moving to try and see who I’m talking to I merely nod my head. I know who is
addressing me.
“May I?” He asked, sitting beside me.
“It’s a free country last time I heard,” I answered regretting my cockiness immediately.
“So, Ms. Harrison, what brings you to Seattle?”
I sit up and look at him. He is extremely good looking I think. “I went through a bad divorce and my girlfriend Kat convinced me I needed a fresh start. So here I am.”
“Kat? Kat Brown?”
“Yes. That’s right, I forgot. You know her beau, Tom Delany, don’t you?”
“Yes, I know Tom quite well. And I’ve met Kat as well.” he replied putting his sunglasses on top of his head. His hair is thick, cut and kept in the fashionable tousled look.
“Do you live around here Geoff?” I inquired noting to myself that if he doesn’t he’s come out of his way.
“No, I live over on Lake Union. I have a houseboat there. I keep my sailboat moored here.” He points out toward the end of the docks where sailboats stay moored, their masts bobbing up and down in the water.
“Hmmm… a houseboat, huh? That fits you, Geoff.”
“I love it, no yard to keep up,” he replied. “It’s centrally located and ideal for a bachelor like me.”
“I’ll have to remember that when it comes time for me to buy.” Ha, I think to myself. It’ll be a cold day in you-know-where before I can buy myself anything, let alone a house.
“Do you sail?”
I nod my head. “Yes, although I have to admit it’s been years.”
“Good. Perhaps you’ll join me sometime.”
Looking down at my watch I note it’s later than I thought. “I’d like that.” I replied. “I hate to rush off, but Kat is preparing for a function and I promised her I’d help her out after I took my walk.”
He stands with me and takes my hand. “I enjoyed your company. Until next time, Ms. Anne Harrison.”


This great book is only 99 cents on Amazon! So if you're interested in reading more, go ahead and pick up your copy at Amazon.
As for the woman behind this fascinating story?

Jamie Salisbury

Jamie Salisbury cannot imagine a time when she did not write. A skill that has served her well throughout her diversified professional career that encompassed public relations in and around the entertainment industry, photography, editing, and special event planning.
 An avid reader of history, biographies, and romance it's only natural that she prefers to write historical romances with characters said to be "so authentic they spring forth from the page and shake the reader's hand." No stranger to life threatening situations Jamie pulls from life experience when she creates her stories. Such as when her family had to escape Chile when she was a teen because of the unstable political climate.
 Unable to walk great distances  as a result of  several foot surgeries, she started writing once again as a way to pass the time. With the completion of her first novel Perpetual Love she dove head first into the eBook and digital publishing paradigm. She couldn't be happier with her decision to grab the publishing industry by the shoulders and force it to pay attention to all she has to offer.


If you're interested in more about Jamie and her books, find her on your social network and get in touch. Be sure to tell her your thoughts on this great book you wouldn't want to miss!
Blog
Official Website
Facebook
Romance Novel Center
Twitter: @JamieRSalisbury

Thanks for sharing your story with us, Jamie! Hope everyone will consider buying your book -definitely sounds like a great read!
Lindsey R. Sablowski

1 Comment:

J R Salisbury said...

Thanks so much for having me on your blog Lindsey!!

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!