Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Nano coming so soon?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Is it just me or does it seem like NaNoWriMo --National Novel Writing Month--is closer than I realized. I know it does not start until November, as always, but really I'm thinking that November isn't that far off...

I already decided on my Nano choice for this year. And my choice was:
To the public view, Jocelyn was just a princess. However, her family knew that she was not "just" a princess. She had been trained, and trained well to defend herself. She was the only heir left to the throne. "You need to learn this, Jocelyn. My lady, there won't be much time." Kerrich said. "I know. Adela already told me --Dalmas is sending someone to kidnap me. Dalmas is sending someone to kill me. I am ready now." Jocelyn said as Kerrich placed the long, thin knife in her hand. "There's no telling what they are going to do, dearest Joceyln. You are going to have to be careful. You are going to have to be brave; do not fail us." Kerrich replied. He was almost whispering, and Jocelyn could see his checks were getting wet. "I am going to be strong. I shall not die." Jocelyn promised.

***Jocelyn heard the door creak open. She grabbed the knife that she had placed on her nightstand, but she remained lying in her bed. A figure came over to where her bed was. It's hand came down, holding a shining object, and Jocelyn screamed. Then the knife went into skin...


I suppose I decided to do a story like this because it was something different. I mean, how many times have you read a story where the girl is helpless and gets kidnapped, and then she is not rescued until the brave knight comes? I do not have anything against those stories --I like them just as much as anyone else--but I just felt that this was a new kind of story that might be interesting to try out.

I am hoping --really, really hoping--that this isn't going to be like with Nano last year where at first I was all into it and writing everyday and every free minute I had and then BOOM! I was like, "Ohhh, no, where did I want to go with this?!" Do you not hate when that happens? It drives me mad, I'm telling you! So I am really going to give it my all this year, and I am going to try my very hardest to make it to 50,000 words even though I will be in school while Nano is going on. Fifty thousands words really isn't that big of a deal --or at least not to me--but it's just a matter of me finding the time to get everything down.

Of course,it's not going to be until next April that ScriptFrenzy will be back again. I actually did better than I had expected in that, but sadly I only made it to 67 pages when the goal was 100. One hundred. Oh well, on the bright side I got more than half done...

I may consider sharing some of my script with you all if you care to read it, but again, that is only if you want to request about that. I'll consider posting it on here or whatever. I'm not sure how I'll figure where to put it, but if you are like, "Eh, why not read a script that she tried to finish and not suck at?" then I'm with you there on that.

Happy writing,

LReneeS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!