Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chapter eight... Doomed

The chapter actually went public on Friday evening but I forgot to post the update on this blog until just now.  If you already read the update on the Magicians series blog this is the same exact update, so you might want to take note of that before you start reading it thinking it's something different.  I am writing up chapter 9 today.


CHAPTER EIGHT
DOOMED
I realize it took me an extremely long time to finish chapter eight, and I can only apologize for this.  While nano and my job should seem like good enough excuses, I also have myself to blame because once I got far into this chapter it actually got really interesting to the point where I wasn’t writing it in my journal, but I was typing away like a mad woman.
Let’s get on with what the chapter is about, though. And remember, while there are no spoilers I will let you read a sneak peek so you can get a feel for the chapter before you even read it.
(Please note that chapter eight is entirely different from what it was like in the original first version ofCursed with Power.  If you read the original version, please read this new one because it has significantly changed.)
In chapter eight Celestria walks about on the streets and thinks about a decision she made.  As she is walking she meets a man, Aldemund.  He begins questioning her because of the staff she carries; he also, strangely enough, knows her name.  Who is he?  How does he know her?

Excerpt from the chapter: Instant pain shot through me, and I did not need to look to know what had happened.  He was burning my skin, and if I did not stop him I would surely die.  While I screamed in agony I cursed him, but despite my conditions I was able to think. 

Will Celestria survive?  Who is this man she meets? And what causes her pain in this chapter…so much pain to perhaps even “doom” her?  Find out when next you read Cursed with Power.

Want updates on other books besides Cursed with Power.  Let me know here.

Be there for the magic: www.themagiciansseries.blogspot.com

1 Comment:

Julie Musil said...

What a great tease!

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!