Monday, November 8, 2010

Character Blog Mondays: Today with Kerrich

Character blog Mondays
Character Mondays are days on the blog in which a character "posts" to tell their opinion a matter or give their own account of something.  Take these posts for what they are, but they are really an even better way for you to open yourself up to new characters.  Characters are chosen from my projects; information about them is brought forth before they begin speaking as they shall.  Please remember during these posts the character --not me--is speaking his/her mind so you are able to introduce yourself to them.  Enjoy!
Name: Kerrich
Gender: Male
Age: 20
Status: In a relationship with Jocelyn
Current location of residence: Clare Castle
Occupation: Squire
Featured in the book(s): STRONGER
The book goes public December 1st so join the mailing list if you want updates.
       I try to think of something that will comfort her, but my words seem meaningless.  Her own father does not believe her, and I as stand with this knife in my hand I wonder what I can do for her.  Is she angry with me?  I can understand if she is, for in these times of confusion and misunderstanding it seems all I’ve continued to tell her is of how far my feelings extend for her.
       As we stand in the darkness I try to think of something to say.  Anything that could make her feel better.  Something to reassure her.  Instead I say the only words that will leave my mouth.
       “You look ill, love.” I tell her this as if she does not already know. However, I am not exaggerating.  Her skin has turned deathly pale and she appears as if she might faint at any given moment.  I want to reach out to her, but I am uncertain whether she will allow me or no.
       She simply nods in agreement and walks over to where I stand.  She wraps her arms around me and I pull her in close to me.  I do not want to let her go, for now I fear what she must face.  Another attempt has been made to end her life.  By chance she had lived this time, but what about the next times?  What if someone—God forbid—tried again?
       “Do not leave me, dearest.” She pleads with me, though she speaking with her face rubbed against my tunic.
       “You need not say that, gemstone, for I shall never think to leave you even once.” I turned my face and pushed it into her auburn hair.
       “I love you.” I whispered.
       “I love you, too.” She titled my face towards hers and kissed me.  As our lips touched, shouting began…

Want to read more about Kerrich?  When STRONGER is public you'll be able to!
(And I'm sorry this post came so late, but I was busy writing for the story earlier until now because I'm trying to gather my thoughts together.)
Be there for the magic: www.themagiciansseries.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!