Monday, October 18, 2010

When you say "I love you" he'll tell you, "I love you more"

Tonight the subject in this post does not relate to anything in my writings.  It actually isn't something I ever thought I'd bring up on my blog, but I am going to.
This post goes out to all the girls who have suffered or are suffering through a breakup.  Because let me tell you, there is life after the breakup.  I promise you.
I won't go into details of my personal life because it would bore you and honestly who wants to hear about it?  However, you may very well remember how several long weeks ago I was a disaster.  I didn't know what to write, what to blog, how to talk, how to act, and how to simply live.  A serious relationship I had gotten involved in was over...and at first I denied it to no end.  I told myself he'd change his mind.  I told myself one day I could wake up from the nightmare, but the truth of the matter is you cannot wake up from reality.
Ladies, the simple fact is you do move on.  You won't want to think about that at first, but eventually you come to accept that.  When you meet that other guy you realize, "Wow, I would have never been able to have this relationship had it not been for my ex dumping me."  Really, I know it's hard to imagine know and you don't want to believe it --I did that to myself and others as well--but life goes on.
Now I can happily say that I am doing much better.  Two weeks ago I began talking to this guy I vaguely knew, and now here we are two weeks later as happy as ever.  Call it luck, call it fate....call it a miracle perhaps.
This post is so irrelevant to what I usually post.  I did not post this simply to rant on or to bore you.  I did not post this because I wanted to tell the world how amazing my boyfriend is --we're all bias in that department.  I posted this because one of my best friends told me --during the time when I felt the world around me was falling apart--that I should express the words I had told her to the rest of the world.  These were not the same words I told her, but I am telling you know from experience and the confront of those who love me that you can move on.  That you are never alone, though it may seem like it at times.  Your heart can mend...sometimes you simply have to wait for the guy who has the "tape and glue" --as my boyfriend would so simply put it.
Hold onto your dreams and don't throw away your life.  Talk to the people around you --family, friends, online buddies, everyone.  When no one else will listen write your thoughts out in a journal, and if you have no journal open a new Word document and start typing away.  The words will come to you when the time is right.
I hope this post was able to touch some of you out there tonight who are struggling, as I once had been weeks --what feels like forever--ago.  And believe me when I say people are willing to listen to you....I had friends and fellow writers help me through the dark times.
There's guys who will break your hearts...but in this world there is that one man who stands aside from those guys and will mend you back together.  He will not only put the pieces back together, but he will love you to no end.  He will make you smile every part of the day and when you tell him that you love him he will tell you that he loves you more.

2 Comments:

Kelly Breakey said...

I am so glad you are doing better. Everything happens for a reason...so glad you didn't close yourself off to the idea of someone new.

Lindsey Richardson said...

Kelly: Me too:) I believe you are right, and I'm grateful I was open to someone new as well. Thank you for being there for me.

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!