Wednesday, August 4, 2010

After another critique...

Currently writingI just received another comment on Cursed with Power and while I am always grateful for comments and the fact that people will read my work, there was something in this comment that surprised me.
Perhaps it was because it was so unexpected...
While I cannot disagree with the grammar mistakes --because I know there are probably several and they do need to eventually be fixed at some point or another--I could not help but disagree with the statement that the first chapter of the story seems to go nowhere.  Actually, I was told in exact words that, "The plot seems to be going nowhere at the moment."
I do not wish to rant on about why I don't necessarily agree with that, but it's just that I can't believe I'm hearing this about the first chapter.  However, it's only one person who has told me this, so perhaps I really should not be worrying about it.  I mean, let's face it... We cannot always please everyone.
A part of me feels bad because everyone is saying this and that which can be fixed and yet I'm working towards the future of the book.  I guess I'm really just trying to get the whole story down before I completely lose it, which I would absolutely hate to have happen.
In case you did not see, Cursed with Power went up to 967 ranking points today.  (That's not good).  However, the book is not finished so really it's probably good that it is not flying through the rankings like there is no tomorrow.  Besides, I'm not anybody like Stephen King or J.K. Rowling. My writing is not to that amazing point yet, and none of us will ever really be like another writer.  I think in all truth we writers are all very different and that is what makes our stories unique.

But anyhow... That's pretty much it.  Hopefully those of you who are also reading Cursed with Power aren't bored with the book already.  (I mean, if the author is not yet then surely she can keep her readers there with her, right)?
However, I cannot let some comment that pretty much shows that someone does not like my work phase me.  So, nonetheless, I'll keep writing the story and working on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!