Saturday, August 7, 2010

Magic Under Glass *book review*

I've never actually done a book review on the blog before because I did not think I would ever want to, but after finishing this book today I knew I had to tell you guys about it.  I am not really sure if there is a proper way to make a book review, but anyhow I will try to make this review good and hopefully no one gets bored while reading this.

Magic Under Glass
Author: Jaclyn Dolamore
Pages: 240
Reading Level: Young Adult (YA)
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Children's Books


Description (from Amazon):


Nimira is a foreign music-hall girl forced to dance for mere pennies. When wealthy sorcerer Hollin Parry hires her to sing with a piano-playing automaton, Nimira believes it is the start of a new and better life. In Parry's world, however, buried secrets are beginning to stir. Unsettling below-stairs rumors swirl about ghosts, a madwoman roaming the halls, and Parry's involvement with a league of sorcerers who torture fairies for sport. Then Nimira discovers the spirit of a fairy gentleman named Erris is trapped inside the clockwork automaton, waiting for someone to break his curse. The two fall into a love that seems hopeless, and breaking the curse becomes a race against time, as not just their love, but the fate of the entire magical world may be in peril.

My review about the book:
The minute I started reading this book I knew I didn't want to put it down.  (Obviously, I had to once it got so late into the night, but it really kept my interest).  The characters were very well developed and the plot was as magical as the magic that was under the glass in this story.  Nim, the main character, was the narrator of the story.  She was a young lady seeking many things, but when she began working for Hollin Parry she no longer knew what she wanted the most in life anymore. Hollin, if nothing else, was very handsome and very interesting.  However, he did not seem to be all too innocent.  There was something about him that made Nim question him.... and then there was his automaton, who Nim soon finds out is a fairy prince named Erris.  Can Nim save him?  Can Nim trust Hollin?  Why are so many secrets kept in the dark?  You'll have to find out for yourself when you read this book that is so enchanting.  Love, mystery, betrayal, friendship, and of course magic is all weaved into the same story.
And the sequel to the book I believe is to be coming out in 2012!
If you haven't read this book, my fellow followers and viewers, I advise you read it as soon as you can.  This is a story you'll want to tell your own blog friends about once you finish it.

5 out of 5 stars.  I loved it so much it is definitely going to be a book I'll read again.  I just hope I can wait for the sequel!

1 Comment:

jaclyndolamore said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and letting me know about the review! Glad you enjoyed it!

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!