Monday, July 12, 2010

Character Monday (PART TWO)

RIVER: No, I already had another king ask me to work for him. I will not work under any king.

ADAM: But if you truly are as good as you say you are-

RIVER: It’s just not what I want to do, sir. I like living a normal life and being able to hunt and do as I please. If I work for your king or any other they will have me doing who knows what in the middle of the night!

ADAM: Well, you have a point but a job with the king is very well paid. I’ve been working for King William for four years now and while sometimes the job is hard, there is always something in the end that makes up for everything you went through.

RIVER: Find the king another archer, Sir Adam; I am not your man.

ADAM: Very well. If you should ever change your mind you know where you can find me.

RIVER: Yes, but I doubt I will see you again. Now, if you don’t mind I have some hunting to do.

ADAM: Of course. The best of luck to you, River James.

RIVER (smiles): There is no luck involved; it’s all a matter of focus-

ADAM (smiles): And aim.

(River James exits.)

ADAM: What a strange man… I can’t imagine why he wouldn’t want to put his talent to use

And that's all for this Character Monday. Hope you have enjoyed it or perhaps even tried it with your own characters.

Happy writing,
LReneeS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please take the time to leave one. Thank you!